Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Knotty Pines










My favorite sock book is a Thrift Shop score, purchased for 5 cents. The original price when new was 35 cents. I think it's worth every penny. A vintage mid-century pamphlet - Patons & Baldwins, Limited : Toronto - Socks by Beehive Book No. 75. 13 men's sock patterns, each with variations for long or short versions. Plain, textured, slip stitch patterns, colourwork diamonds and spear heads. All knit on 2.25mm needles. Knotty Pines is a textured pattern with lots of YOs. Slightly lace-y but masculine too. I'm pleased with the results, like little sweaters for my feet. Too warm for the summer, but great wool boot socks for the winter. The colour is actually more of a soft sage green, the photos appear more gray. The yarn was a St. Ives wool/nylon sock yarn that I had in the stash. I had to start the third skein to complete them.

1 comment:

marnushka said...

i love this sock pattern. i have knit four pairs of socks using the knotty pines pattern. it is a very good sock pattern book